Danielle specializes in complex civil litigation and appeals in Colorado and Montana. Ms. Wiletsky has experience in representing public and private entities, as well as individuals, on a variety of contract and business disputes. She also regularly advises a wide range of employers from family-owned businesses to public companies on all aspects of employment law, including employee handbooks, executive contracts, severance agreements, covenants not to compete, trade secret misappropriation, and hiring, firing, wage and hour, discrimination and retaliation issues. Prior to joining the firm, she clerked for the Honorable Raymond Dean Jones at the Colorado Court of Appeals.
- Defense team for $400 million litigation action initiated against an oil and gas client in district court, bankruptcy court and arbitration.
- Defense team for resolution of $500 million shareholder claim against oil and gas client.
- Defense team for resolution of $4 million claim against oil and gas client and pursuit and award of $1.8 million counterclaim jury verdict.
- Drafting and reviewing various types of employment agreements, including non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Advising employers on avoidance of wrongful discharge and discrimination claims and negotiating termination agreements.
- Drafting independent contractor agreements and ensuring proper classification of contractors.
- Analyzing overtime exemption issues and proper wage payments under federal and state law.
- Drafting employment handbooks for both private and public companies.
Publications, Presentations & Accolades
- Rated AV Preeminent Attorney, Highest Possible Rating in Both Legal Ability & Ethical Standards by Martindale-Hubbell (2012-2017)
- America's Most Honored Professionals Top 1%, 2016
- Top Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability in: Labor & Employment Law, April 2015; Litigation, February 2015; and Energy, Environmental & Natural Resources, April 2015
- Co-author of “Equitable Defenses Against the Government in the Natural Resources and Environmental Law Context,” 17 Pace Env. L. Rev. 273 (2000)
Ms. Wiletsky enjoys spending time with her family, painting, biking, and competitive sailing.
- Commercial Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Oil and Gas
- J.D., Ohio State University, with honors, 1997
- B.A., Miami University, cum laude, 1994
Bar Admissions / Qualifications
- Colorado, 1997
- Montana, 2007
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, District of Montana
- U.S. District Court, District of North Dakota
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Southern Ute Indian Tribal Court
Professional & Community Activities
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association