Kathryn Haight has been a consulting, trial and appellate counsel on a variety of matters, including the resolution or avoidance of complex disputes and civil and criminal litigation concerning environmental issues, major construction projects, securities, antitrust, and natural resource issues.
Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Haight held a variety of positions in the public sector, including administrative, legal, and lobbying positions with the offices of the Denver District Attorney and the Governor of the State of Colorado. She has also served as an Assistant United States Attorney and a Special Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Colorado.
- Riviera Drilling & Exploration Co. v. Gunnison Energy Corp., et al., 412 Fed.Appx. 89 (C.A.10 2011) (exploration corporation's antitrust action dismissed against energy companies).
- Whiting Oil and Gas Corp. v. Atlantic Richfield Co., 2010 WL 3432211 (Colo. App. 2010), cert. granted (1 Aug 2011) (enforcement of revocable option to repurchase parcel of land).
- Deane v. U.S., 329 Fed.Appx. 809 (C.A.10 2009) (federal quiet title action).
- McGreevey v. Montana Power Co., et al., 320 Fed. Appx. 775 (C.A.9 2009) (class action suit against energy corporations, client dismissed from suit).
- Zachary Taylor, et al. v. Lobato, et al., 2003 WL 22428963 (U.S. 2003) (Petition for Writ of Certiorari re Taylor Ranch dispute).
- Bangert Bros. Const. Co., Inc., et al. v. Kiewit Western Co., et al., 310 F.3d 1278 (C.A.10 2002) (airport runway construction litigation).
- Feigin v. Digital Interactive Associates, Inc., 987 P.2d 876 (Colo. App.1999) (securities enforcement action relating to investment contracts).
- F.D.I.C. v. First Interstate Bank of Denver, N.A., 937 F.Supp. 1461 (D. Colo.1996) (dispute involving common law claims, COCCA and CSA).
- U.S. v. Rothhammer, 64 F.3d 554 (C.A.10 1995) (false statement conviction reversed).
- Kiewit Western Co. v. City and County of Denver, 902 P.2d 421 (Colo. App.1994) (public contract disputes resolution provisions).
- Meinders v. Refco Securities, Inc., 865 F.Supp. 721 (D. Colo.1994) (no federal jurisdiction in investor suit state-law claims, COCCA and CSA).
- International Tele-Marine Corp. v. Malone & Associates, Inc., 845 F.Supp. 1427 (D. Colo.1994) (legal malpractice litigation).
- City and County of Denver v. Adolph Coors Co., et al., 829 F.Supp. 340 (D. Colo.1993) (CERCLA settlement).
- Gottlieb v. Wiles, 143 F.R.D. 235 (D. Colo.1992) (part of massive multi-state, securities-related class action litigation).
- S.E.C. v. Power Securities Corp., 142 F.R.D. 321 (D. Colo.1992) (securities litigation).
- U.S. v. Williams, 919 F.2d 1451 (C.A.10 1990) (sentencing issue in prosecution of drug conspiracy).
- U.S. v. Levy, 905 F.2d 326 (C.A.10 1990) (prosecution of continuing criminal enterprise).
Publications, Presentations & Accolades
- Contributor, 2007 through 2010 Supplements: Wunnicke, Wunnicke & Turner, Standby and Commercial Letters of Credit (3d ed. 2005), Aspen Publishers
- Co-author, "FIRREA and the S&L Bailout," The Colorado Lawyer, Oct. 1990
- Co-author, "Avoidance of Criminal Liability for Violations of Federal Environmental Laws," 28A RMMLF-Inst 6 (1990)
- Co-Author, "Oil and Gas Mechanics' Liens Revisited," The Colorado Lawyer, Oct. 1986
- Commercial Litigation
- Oil and Gas
- J.D., University of Denver 1987
- M.P.A., University of Colorado, 1978
- B.S., University of Idaho, 1972
Bar Admissions / Qualifications
- Colorado, 1987
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional & Community Activities
- Colorado Bar Association
- Founding Member, Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Fellow Emeritus, Colorado Bar Foundation
- Master Barrister, Doyle's Inn Chapter, American Inns of Court
- (1980-82) Director, Colorado Crime Classification and Sentencing Comm'n