WSMT attorneys have expertise in acquisitions and divestitures, particularly with regard to oil and gas and mining matters. We routinely assist clients with both domestic and international business transactions, including the negotiation and drafting of purchase and sale agreements, joint venture agreements, operating agreements, and exploration agreements. We have handled transactions involving assets of all sizes, ranging from a $15 million divestiture of Colorado assets to a $600 million sale of assets for an international oil and gas client.
- Divestiture of midstream assets in Colorado in excess of $500 million.
- Acquisition of oil and gas properties in Colorado and Utah in excess of $290 million.
- Divestiture of Montana oil and gas properties in excess of $200 million.
- Divestiture of oil and gas interests in the Appalachian Basin (Marcellus formation).
- Merger of two privately held specialty insurance brokerage firms valued in excess of $32 million.
- Merger of two public corporations in the energy sector valued in excess of $100 million.
- Reverse merger of a privately-held oil and gas company into a reporting public company shell.
- Sale of privately held water and ditch company assets to a publicly-held corporation.
- $50 million disposition by the principal owner of his interests in family-owned oil and gas businesses.
- $25 million spin-off of privately held specialty insurance brokerage business from its corporate parent.
- Acquisition and management of multiple Rocky Mountain Fuel properties in Colorado, including surface leases, water rights, mineral rights, and coal/oil/gas royalties, covering approximately 32,000 acres.
- Sale of oil and gas interests in the Bakken play in North Dakota for in excess of $100 million.
- Representation of sellers in the negotiation of a purchase and sale agreement, joint venture agreement, and a joint operating agreement in the sale of 80% of their interests in a producing field in South Texas to a Canadian energy trust for $118 million.