WSMT attorneys, including two former mayors and a former district attorney, have broad experience working with clients on ranching and real estate transactions and land use and zoning matters. We represent both buyers and sellers in commercial real estate transactions, from small commercial leases to multi-state ranch property purchases. Our acquisition services encompass acquisitions and sales, leasing, financing, and development. Firm attorneys can assist real estate developers and owners in a wide range of financing alternatives, 1031 like-kind exchanges, and the structuring of various partnerships, joint ventures, corporations, and limited liability companies. Our real estate attorneys work closely with our litigation, estate planning, corporate, and environmental attorneys when the representation of our clients requires expertise from other practice areas.
Our attorneys regularly appear before county commissioners and city councils to represent our clients' land development concerns. We work with consultants, land developers, mineral owners, and surface owners to reach creative and constructive solutions to the challenges associated with multiple land uses and compatible development. Actively involved in community affairs, WSMT attorneys are knowledgeable and experienced in navigating complex regulatory and administrative procedures.
- Acquisition of multi-family real estate properties located in Colorado, Oregon and Idaho.
- Due diligence for acquisition of the historic Vermejo Park Ranch, a 590,823 acre ranch located in northern New Mexico and southern Colorado and negotiation of subsequent mineral development agreements on ranch property.
- Purchase of land and water rights for an 80,000 acre Colorado ranch, followed by timber management negotiations, ranch management issues, and creation of a conservation easement.
- Purchase of land and water rights for multiple thousand-acre San Luis Valley ranches.
- Sale of 2,500 acre Garfield County (Colorado) ranch and mineral rights to Chevron U.S.A. Inc.