WSMT attorneys have extensive experience in handling appeals from jury verdicts, trial court decisions, and administrative rulings involving both state and federal courts and agencies. The issues on appeal have ranged from land title issues, mineral disputes, and billion-dollar commercial transactions to public and private contracts and complex business litigation. We have brought appeals before the Colorado, Wyoming, and Montana Supreme Courts as well as the Claims Court, D.C. Circuit Court, and the Ninth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeal.
- Comet Energy Services, LLC v. Powder River Oil & Gas Ventures, LLC, 239 P.3d 382 (Wyo. 2010). Successful representation of respondent before Wyoming Supreme Court in case involving title dispute in Campbell County, Wyoming.
- Whiting Oil and Gas Corp. v. Atlantic Richfield Co., 2010 WL 3432211 (Colo.App.2010), cert. granted Aug. 1, 2011. Successful trial judgment to enforce the exercise of an option to repurchase oil shale properties in the Piceance Basin. The Colorado Court of Appeals affirmed. Certiorari has been granted by the Colorado Supreme Court.
- Riviera Drilling & Exploration Co. v. Gunnison Energy Corp., et al., 412 Fed.Appx. 89 (C.A.10 2011) (Successfully upholding dismissal of exploration corporation's antitrust action against energy companies).
- City of Colorado Springs v. Andersen Mahon Enterprises, L.L.P., 260 P.3d 29 (Colo. App. 2010) (Successful affirmance of summary judgment granted in favor of City holding that property owner was not entitled to recover for pre-condemnation damages.)
- Gwynn v. Klabzuba Oil & Gas, Inc., 169 P.3d 406 (Mont. 2007) (Table) (Successful defense of appeal before Montana Supreme Court on behalf of national oil and gas company defending leasehold correlative rights).