Our attorneys have broad experience in commercial litigation matters, ranging from highly-complex business disputes involving millions of dollars to smaller matters between individual business owners. Our experience in both prosecution and defense spans construction law, insurance defense, and white collar criminal law on state and federal levels. We routinely handle a wide range of contract disputes and business torts involving real property, natural resources, corporate law, employment claims, professional malpractice, trade secrets, claims based on fraud, misrepresentation and business torts, and other commercial transaction matters.
Representative matters include:
- Riviera Drilling & Exploration Co. v. Gunnison Energy Corp., et al., 412 Fed.Appx. 89 (C.A.10 2011) (Exploration corporation's antitrust action was dismissed against energy companies).
- Utah Energy Corp. v. Lammert, Civil No. 0807-59, San Juan County, Utah (2009) (Title and partnership dispute over uranium mining claims near Moab, Utah).
- Western Hog Ranch v. Western Mining Corporation, U.S. Dist Nev. (1999) (Dispute over operations of a gold mine in Nevada).
- Golden Eagle Exploration, LLC v. Weatherford U.S., L.P., Case No. 0707-119, Grand County, Utah (2007) (Multi-million dollar claims arising out of a failure to properly hang a liner, leading to the cementation of a drill pipe and four months of milling and fishing operations).
- McGreevey v. Montana Power Co., et al., 320 Fed.Appx. 775 (C.A.9 2009) (Class action suit against energy corporations; our client was dismissed from the suit).
- Representation of an employer in a class action wage dispute matter. Okamoto v. Bradley Petroleum, Inc.
- Representation of a brokerage firm in a federal action challenging an arbitration award. The Trading Deck, Inc. v. Crestar Bank.