Our firm has in-depth knowledge and experience handling state and federal environmental compliance, permitting, transactional, enforcement, and litigation matters in the context of natural resource development.
In matters representative of our experience and expertise, WSMT attorneys have:
- Represented companies in environmental penalty negotiations with the EPA and the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE).
- Represented potentially responsible parties (PRPs) in negotiations over allocation of liability and remediation at contaminated sites.
- Conducted environmental audits to ensure compliance with air and water quality requirements.
- Represented Montana natural resource industry associations in federal court and in the Tenth Circuit in defense of challenged state water quality standards under the Clean Water Act.
- Represented a timber company in federal court and in the Ninth Circuit in defense of an innovative Endangered Species Act conservation agreement.
- Counseled and represented natural resource companies in National Historic Preservation Act permitting.
- Represented an oil and gas company in a challenge to development plans brought under the federal Clean Air Act.
- Represented an oil and gas client before the Environmental Protection Agency in Safe Drinking Water Act Underground Injection Control permitting.