WSMT assists clients with real estate, land use, access and rights-of-way, planning, and environmental permitting for renewable and alternative energy development of solar, wind, geothermal, biomass, and transmission projects.
In transactions representative of our experience and expertise, WSMT attorneys have:
- Performed due diligence for the acquisition of wind power properties and easements in eastern Colorado.
- Advised on permitting for the first utility solar project on public lands and developed first-of-kind solutions to regulatory hurdles.
- Represented a wind company seeking to permit projects on public land and U.S. Forest Service lands with permitting challenges including visibility, cultural resources, and sensitive lands.
- Provided feedback and advice to solar energy company on the drafting of the Department of Interior and Department of Energy Solar Programmatic Environmental Impact Statement.
- Represented solar panel owner in connection with Solar Power Services Agreement with Denver Museum of Nature and Science.