Jens Jensen is an associate in the firm’s Denver office. Mr. Jensen has worked on a wide range of matters including complex and international litigation, water disputes, and regulatory compliance matters. Mr. Jensen volunteers as coach for his son's soccer team. During law school, Mr. Jensen worked pro bono for the Acequia Assistance Project at CU Law, where he helped acequias in the San Luis valley with corporate and water law issues. Previously, Mr. Jensen was an intern for the Honorable (now Chief) Justice Rice of the Colorado Supreme Court. Prior to moving to Colorado, Mr. Jensen worked at the Embassy of Denmark in London where he dealt with agricultural, renewable energy, security, and judicial reform policies and consular matters.
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS & ACCOLADES
- Co-Author, American Law of Mining, Chapter 7, "Public Domain Lands Available for Leasing"
- Presented on the relationship between water and marijuana law at a CLE event for the Water Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association
- Testified on constitutional issues related to water courts before the Colorado legislature's joint Water Resources Review Committee
- Gary C. Bryner Distinguished Service Award (awarded for contributions to the field of natural resources)
- Chief Justice Luis D. Rovira Scholarship (awarded to the Outstanding Constitutional Law Scholar at CU)
- Lead Articles Editor, Colorado Natural Resources, Energy, and Environmental Law Review (2013-2014)
- Primary Editor and Contributor, Colorado Acequia Handbook
Mr. Jensen was born and raised in rural Denmark. He moved to England where he completed his B.A. and M.A. at the University of Manchester. After working in London for three years, Mr. Jensen decided to relocate to Denver, where he could enjoy a mix of city life and the beautiful outdoors. He enjoys playing and coaching soccer and taking his family hiking in the mountains.
- Oil and Gas
- Water Rights
- Public Lands
- Renewable & Alternative Energy
- J.D., University of Colorado 2014
- M.A., with distinction, University of Manchester, 2008
- B.A., University of Manchester, 2007
Bar Admissions / Qualifications
- Colorado, 2014
- North Dakota, 2015
- Montana, 2015
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association