Mr. Pierzchala represents business and individual clients in complex commercial and civil litigation before state and federal courts. Mr. Pierzchala has experience litigating and arbitrating a wide array of disputes involving oil & gas, mineral rights, real estate, corporate law, and securities. Mr. Pierzchala's practice is also focused on representing clients in regulatory matters before the Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission.
- Represents privately owned oil and gas company in environmental cleanup action.
- Represents privately owned oil company in action concerning breach of contract and performance of drilling operation.
- Represents a private surface owner challenging a Bureau of Land Management - Resource Management Plan which opens lands to oil and gas development.
- Successfully represented broker-dealer clients through arbitration before FINRA defending claims of fraud, selling away, and unsuitability.
- Defended creditor special guaranty agency through trial in adversary proceeding to discharge debts before the United States Bankruptcy Court and obtained favorable judgment. Successfully obtained resolution of several employment disputes involving non-compete and non-solicitation agreements.
Honors & Accolades
- Selected for inclusion in Colorado Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" List, 2014-2017
Originally from the Northeast, Joe has called Colorado home for 20 years. Outside the office, Joe enjoys the outdoors with his family through climbing, skiing, and hiking.
- Commercial Litigation
- Oil & Gas
- Natural Resources
- Employment Law
- J.D., University of Denver, 2008
- Denver University Law Review, Staff Editor
- B.A., Political Science, Colorado State University, 1998
Bar Admissions / Qualifications
- Colorado, 2008
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association