Scott L. Turner received his BA in History and Telecommunications from Indiana University in 1998, graduating with distinction. Following graduation, he worked as a business and information technology consultant with Accenture, LLP for seven years in locales throughout the United States and abroad. Mr. Turner received his JD from the University of Colorado School of Law in 2008, where he was awarded the Bernard J. Seeman Scholarship. While in law school, he was a teaching assistant for first-year civil procedure classes, president of the American Constitution Society, Technical Production Editor of the University of Colorado Law Review, and he worked as a legal clerk for several local law firms and businesses on general business transactional and litigation matters. Upon graduation, Scott began his legal career as a real estate and transactional attorney with a small law firm based in Denver and Vail, Colorado.
Since joining the firm in 2010, Mr. Turner’s practice focuses on mineral title examination, oil and gas transactional work, and business and real estate services. Mr. Turner is an active member of the Wyoming, Colorado, Texas and American Bar Associations.
Mr. Turner has authored and co-authored title opinions covering fee, federal, and state lands in the Rocky Mountain region, including Colorado, Wyoming, Texas and North Dakota lands. He has also worked on a variety of due diligence title projects for oil, gas, and mineral acquisitions in these states as well.
Mr. Turner also focuses his practice on business transactions related to mineral and real property. He has prepared real estate contracts, conveyances, loan agreements, financing documents, title analysis, and has closed many secured and cash transactions for purchasers and sellers of a wide variety of properties, including mineral, commercial, and residential interests. Mr. Turner also has provided services in a variety of general business, construction, and litigation matters.
Publications, Presentations & Accolades
- Co-Author and Presenter: Death of a Record Title Owner: Solving Estate Related Title Problems, presented at the 2016 Annual Conference of The National Association of Lease and Title Analysts ("NALTA"), September 2015-Portland, Oregon
- Co-Author and Presenter: "Understanding Interests in Oil & Gas Lands and Production" presented at the HalfMoon Education Oil, Gas & Mineral Land Titles Conference, June 2014-Denver, Colorado
- Co-Author and Presenter (with Sheryl Howe), “Advanced Mineral Conveyancing and Title Issues” Mineral Title Examination Institute, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation, January 2014
- University of Colorado Law Review, Technical Production Editor
Outside of the office, Mr. Turner can be found enjoying the beautiful Colorado outdoors with his family.
- Mineral Title
- Oil and Gas
- Real Estate
- J.D., University of Colorado Law School, 2008
- B.A., Indiana University, with distinction, 1998
Bar Admissions / Qualifications
- Colorado, 2008
- Wyoming, 2011
- Texas, 2016
Professional & Community Activities
- Board Member, Project PAVE
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Wyoming Bar Association